Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bill Richardson for VP

As my original first pick for the Democratic nomination, I was disappointed that the "inevitable nomination juggernaut" Hillary Clinton, squashed all my hopes of Gov. Richardson getting equal time to present his case for President. Being as it is, I see Richardson running with Obama being the dream ticket for the Democrats and for the reemergence of diplomacy on the world scene.

Other than the obvious of Gov. Richardson being able to deliver the Latino vote of which Obama seems to be lacking, Bill's experience both on the world scene diplomatically, as US Ambassador abroad, and his executive experience as a very popular governor of New Mexico, further confirms why I think he should get the nod. Only just recently, he traveled to Darfur to help secure the safe release of a National Geographic writer from NM & his support staff, who crossed the vague frontier into Sudan from the Sahara. NG writer release from Sudan

I was disappointed recently when I not only didn't know Obama would be here in Portland a couple of weeks ago, but even more so after I heard Richardson had come to town to throw his support behind Obama. To hear the baseless attacks & rhetoric thrown out by the Clinton campaign because of the ties during the Clinton Administration, further irritated my consideration of Hillary as a VP candidate, let alone President, given the mud they were pushing about Rev. Wright. It was the nail in the coffin for any further support for Clinton I would have, and I would have a hard time justifying a vote in her favor for local Dog Catcher after her repeated "pulling the page" out of Rove's playbook approach.

If not VP, maybe not Richardson's cup of tea right now, then most fittingly would be Secretary of State. Needless to say, I'm tired of our current Secretary of Oil, oh I meant Secretary Rice. Just imagine a return of diplomacy to this country come this January.

Honestly, his list of accolades runs long & favorably, and his past experience as Secretary of Energy has been influencial on the Western States development of an emissions capping system in the complete absence of any federal initiatives.

wiki Bio on Richardson
5 States Emissions Cap & Trade

No comments: